Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving hindsight

Hello all,

I noticed that I was so busy preparing to travel for Thanksgiving, that I didn't reflect on thankfulness much until we got back today. We spent time with my side of the family this year for Thanksgiving. It felt to me like it had been so long since the whole family was together. My brother and sister-in-law have been the hosts for Thanksgiving for many years now and they do a wonderful job. We live close enough that we could drive to the grandparents the morning of, and give the kids playtime before the gathering for the evening meal. There was a little bit of family representing both sides for my brother and his wife totaling thirteen at table. It was a pleasant evening of visiting and catching up. Since my family is from out of town and we don't see my sister-in-law's step-mother very often, there was plenty of visiting to do. Child number one and child number two were able to be easily amused before dinner. And, thanks to their cousin, were able to be amused after dinner enough not to disrupt the adults from their visiting. It was a pleasant evening, and I can say that I am thankful for a family that I like to spend time with.

The day after Thanksgiving, we took the kids to the Children's Discovery Museum in San Jose. They absolutely loved it. Neither one wanted to leave after being there nearly two hours. The only thing that could consol them was going back to have lunch with their grandparents. We had another day of play and came home this morning.

I'm thankful that our kids travel so well. I'm glad that they enjoy spending time with their grandparents. I only wish could travel as well. I found that I never could get enough rest, even with three other adults helping with the kids and naps as well. This too shall pass.

No comments: