Friday, June 08, 2007

8 Things about me

I have been tagged by momtoanangel to participate in the meme "8 things about me."

Here are the rules:
The rules are simple…Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. I would rather read a good history book than a novel any day. Sure there are some good entertaining stories out there that I enjoy, but history is just as fascinating and it was real.

2. I know how to ride a unicycle. This was the result of a mixture of curiosity and the desire to be like my peers (there were about five of us preteens on my street who learned to ride unicycles at about the same time.)

3. I have no mercy. Really! I took a test at church that was supposed to help me determine what my ministry strengths and weaknesses were. I scored 3 on a scale of about 30 when it came to mercy. My poor kids :)

4. I like music (just about any kind), but I prefer music that I can sing. Usually these days that means hymns at church and either veggietales silly songs or standard kids songs with innovative lyrics (Old MacDonald has about 17 verses)

5. I hate shopping. I actually went to the mall today because I needed some new jeans. I found what I needed in about 15 minutes (including trying them on) and was tempted to continue shopping since that is a rare thing to do without having all the kids with me. But, when I tried to think about what I would shop for, I couldn't think of anything so I came back home. My husband isn't sure how he ended up with a woman like this, but he is very thankful.

6. I am a Silicon Valley girl. My husband and I were discussing the best way to reheat a lasagna in the microwave so that it is heated all the way through. I said "maybe we should reformat the lasagna." My husband laughed and responded that the lasagna wasn't configured properly.

7. As a former librarian, there are very few excuses that I accept for unreturned library books. The ones that I have accepted include: "I was in the hospital" and "My car was stolen and they were in the trunk." Common lame excuses that receive the aformentioned no mercy include "I loaned it to a friend," "I forgot it wasn't mine," "I didn't return them yet?" "But, I need it to finish my report that I'm late on," and the most annoying considering that we have the ability to renew books checked out from the library "but I'm not done with it yet."

8. I never pass along these things which people send me. It reminds me of the chain letters I would get as a kid. I never liked them. So this meme stops here.

No comments: